RE: the Coda 2 Tour Video, for those who discovered how it works.
- The 3D transforms are totally hosed in Firefox. We spent a day on workarounds until we discovered it’s fixed in Firefox 13 beta 1.
- Chrome displays, but doesn’t properly transform, the movie’s mask. We switched to a black background.
- Firefox doesn’t understand the mask at all. Black background again.
- There’s no documentation on what the size/resolution limits are for iPad movie playback. If our movie was 1300 pixels wide, it’d fail. 1200 pixels wide, no problem. Too-high frame rate, fail. 15 FPS, no problem. WTF.
- iOS won’t play our movie or poster frame if’s behind .htaccess auth. Why?
- Reports coming in that some iPads/iPhones still don’t show the video. Why.
That said: so totally worth it.
Finally, a present: here’s the song I wrote for the Coda 2 video (2.8 MB MP3).