Panic Inc.

Is "Auto-Publish on Save" coming anytime soon?

joshhjoshh Member
edited September 2013 in Coda Vote Up8Vote Down
I need to be able to "auto-publish on save" so that I can work locally on my machine and publish to a remote alpha server to achieve a decent workflow based on our testing environment. I manage the git repo locally. The primary reason to use a remote alpha server is because it is connected to some enterprise systems and is managed by the sys admin at the office across the country. When the alpha server is simply for viewing/testing my work. If gets screwed up, I just ssh in and do a git checkout on the file to roll it back.

Currently to get "auto-publish on save" I have to use Espresso 2. I'd prefer to stay in Coda 2 because of it's more powerful features and work environment.

Also, related I'd like to auto-publish generated files (SCSS -> CSS) from CodeKit. If while in this mode Coda could see the file change and auto-publish, that'd be slick and save me some steps.

Best Answer

Answers

• I've been asking for this on a regular basis since early in the V1 days :)
  • I would love the see this feature in the next update... it's so time consuming by doing CMD+S and then CRTL+CMD+P for publishing...
  • thomasthomas Member, Administrator, Moderator, Panic
    edited March 2014 Vote Up1Vote Down
    2.5 isn't out yet. It should hopefully be released soon. I can't give an exact ETA, sadly.
  • 2.5? My version is 2.0.12 and I'm pretty sure is the latest...
  • Thanks tellsapfel, works great :D.

I use CodeKit (less/stylus) and added a delay between save and publish to also have the generated css file published.

/// with delay
    on run {input, parameters}

tell application "System Events"
    keystroke "s" using command down
    delay 2
    keystroke "p" using {command down, control down}

end tell

return input
    end run
  • mscwebmastermscwebmaster Member
    edited March 2014 Vote Up0Vote Down
    It's almost the middle of March. You mentioned in December that it was coming out in the coming weeks. Any word yet? I would really love this.
  • loganlogan Member, Moderator, Panic
    Coda 2.5 is currently in beta. After that beta period ends, it will be released.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion

If you are unable to post a comment or create a new question, your account hasn't been approved by an admin.

If your question needs a quick response, you're better off emailing us: support@panic.com